Well, let us break this myth! Yes, frozen sweet corn is safe to consume, it is healthy, and offers quite a few health benefits if consumed the right way.
Although it is a type of maize with high sugar content, frozen sweet corn provides energizing carbohydrates, fibers, and even nutrients like Vitamin C, folate, potassium, and thiamine. In fact, studies have shown that frozen ones contain more Vitamin C compared to their counterparts.
The Nutritional Benefits of Sweet Corn
- First and foremost, sweet corns are a major supplier of fiber content to our bodies. Dietary fibers are essential for our health as they help in digestion, decrease the risk of heart diseases, two types of diabetes, and bowel cancer. Moreover, the fibers keep your stomach full for a longer time. Being versatile, they can be added to hearty meals and can be consumed safely on a daily basis.
- Sweet corns are a source of folate, which is also known as Vitamin B9. This is particularly important for the well-being of our bodies, especially during pregnancy. This is because this nutrient helps create healthy red blood cells which further adds to the development of the baby in the womb.
- Vitamin B1 which is Thiamine is also found in sweet corns. This nutrient helps break down our food transforming it into energy as well as keeping our nervous system healthy.
- Being a good source of Vitamin C, consuming sweet corn ensures our immune system stays healthy. It helps fight fatigue, stimulates the formation of collagen, and also supports iron absorption. Since Vitamin C is sensitive to heat it can end up losing some of its nutrient properties while cooking. Hence, one of the best ways to cook sweet corn is to steam them.
- Magnesium and potassium are the other nutrients that are found in sweet corn. While magnesium helps us build our muscles and bones, it also helps us to metabolize food into energy and helps reduce tiredness. On the other hand, potassium balances the fluid in our body along with helping our muscles to relax and contract. Therefore, sweet corn makes for a good post-workout snack.
It is Safe To Consume Frozen Sweer Corn:
After knowing the benefits of sweet corn, it is quite evident that frozen sweet corn is equally health-friendly. In fact, more. Frozen sweet corn is a great way to acquire all these nutrients. The freezing process locks the vitamins and minerals and helps them to be preserved naturally. It is an easy way to have access to these nutrients throughout the year.
Frozen sweet corns are a great addition to all types of foods and meals. We, Himgiri Group, are manufacturers of frozen sweet corn and also one of the trusted suppliers of the same. We offer the best quality IQF frozen sweet corn ensuring superior quality, enhanced taste, and longer shelf life.